Ambolight Travellers Terms & Policy
- CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
- Cancellations are only effective on receipt of written notification.
- Refunds will be provided as follows:
(1) UP TO 75 DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE , you will be entitled to a full refund, less up to thirty percent (30%) of the total cost of your tour, including without limitation the cost of your flights within Africa.
(2) LESS THAN 75 DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE, you will be entitled to a refund dependent upon the amount (if any) AMBOLIGHT TRAVELLERS may recover from its suppliers.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, travelers that voluntary cancel any of the tour services shall be entitled to no refund.
- There will be no refund for unused services including hotel accommodations and/or transfers.
- You are also responsible for any cancellation fees that may be imposed by any of the airlines.
- Please note that cancellation includes reduction of services or decrease in number of travelers in a group, as well as a complete cancellation of the trip.
- In case of a date change request, AMBOLIGHT TRAVELLERS will use commercially reasonable efforts to avoid cancellation or change fee penalties, but these penalties are dependent on policies of our suppliers.
- AMBOLIGHT TRAVELLERS strongly recommends travel insurance to compensate you AND/OR your travelling party for cancellation fees you or they may incur.
- DEPOSIT: To confirm a reservation, we require a nonrefundable deposit of thirty percent (20%) for land arrangements at the time of booking. Any amount paid as a deposit shall serve as payment to AMBOLIGHT TRAVELLERS for AMBOLIGHT TRAVELLERS creation and provision of a fully prepared itinerary.
- TRIP INFORMATION: Upon receipt and acceptance of your application, instructions will be sent to you concerning all aspects of your trip, such as itinerary, and items to bring, including, photographic equipment, documents, clothing, insurance, etc.
1. A Final Invoice for your trip will be sent to you approximately three (3) months prior to departure to Africa.
2. Payment of the Final Invoice is due no later than seventy-five (75) days prior to such departure.
3. To confirm bookings that are made within 75 days of departure date, we require full payment.
- FINAL DOCUMENTS: Subject to receipt of payment in full, AMBOLIGHT TRAVELLERS will send your final documents and tickets approximately three (3) weeks prior to departure.
1. All rates quoted are based on tariffs and value of foreign currencies in relation to the U.S. dollar in effect as of the time of booking and are subject to change.
2. Should increases be forced on AMBOLIGHT TRAVELLERS by airlines, exchange rates, etc., AMBOLIGHT TRAVELLERS reserves the right to impose a surcharge up to a maximum of 10% of the total tour cost.
- DEVIATIONS AND CHANGE FEES: Once you reserve your tour, AMBOLIGHT TRAVELLERS may in its discretion accommodate change requests, subject to availability at the time of request. Should there be any change fees imposed by airlines or ground operators, or additional costs incurred due to the unavailability of space, these fees and / or costs will be invoiced to you, as well as AMBOLIGHT TRAVELLERS service fee.
- As African countries have varying inoculation, immunization and medication requirements, it is essential that you familiarize yourself with these and take the necessary steps as travel will not be permitted unless you meet these requirements, which are your full responsibility
- It is furthermore your responsibility to be familiar with all diseases, both real and potential, when travelling to and through Africa and to take the necessary precautions and vaccinations.
- We suggest you contact your personal physician or local health department for the most current recommendations as to vaccinations you and/or the other members in your traveling party (collectively, “your Traveling Party”) are required to get before traveling to Africa.
- At this time, no vaccinations are required for entry into South Africa unless travelers are arriving from an area where yellow fever is endemic (i.e., any countries in East Africa).
- Travelers entering Tanzania from a yellow fever zone will require proof of yellow fever vaccination.
- It is a sensible precaution for visitors to take one of the preventive pills that are in common use against malaria if you will be in East African countries.
- Water is safe to drink in most areas, but to avoid problems it is always advisable to drink bottled water, which will be provided for you, free of charge, in the vehicles.
HEALTH REQUIREMENTS/MEDICAL AUTHORIZATION AND COVERAGE
- You and your traveling party must be in good physical and mental health.
- Any physical condition, diet, or treatment requiring special attention must be reported in writing to the Company when the reservation is made.
- The Company encourages you and your traveling party to consult a doctor for specific medical advice about any activities or destinations.
- In the event a participant becomes sufficiently incapacitated as to be unable to direct his or her own care, there is no one on the trip who can direct participant’s care, and the Company is unable or does not have time to contact participant’s emergency contact, the participant, authorizes any medical treatment deemed necessary in the event of any injury or illness.
- In addition, the participant certifies that they have medical insurance which will cover personal accidents, medical expenses, medical evacuation, air ambulance, loss of effects, repatriation costs and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage, injury, delay or inconvenience occurring to the participant, or that in the absence of this medical insurance coverage, the participant agrees to pay all costs of rescue and/or medical services as may be incurred on the participant’s behalf.
- Airfare to and from Africa not included.
- Flights within Africa are provided as indicated in the itinerary.
- Weight ALLOWANCES
(a) The customer is solely and fully responsible for ensuring they are in full compliance with the airline flown. For further guidance, AMBOLIGHT TRAVELLERS has attached a list of the requirements as they are known currently. These are provided as a courtesy, and it is the customer’s responsibility to check with each airline to ensure compliance.
(b) Passengers weighing more than 225 pounds must advise AMBOLIGHT TRAVELLERS in advance, as an extra seat may have to be added into the pricing at the airline’s discretion for safety reasons.
- Accommodations to be provided as indicated in the itinerary.
- Meals to be provided as indicated in the itinerary.
- Transfers to be provided as indicated in the itinerary.
- CHANGES TO ITINERARY AND SCHEDULE
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, AMBOLIGHT TRAVELLERS reserves the right to make changes to accommodations, meals and/or transfers as it may deem necessary. In these rare circumstances, AMBOLIGHT TRAVELLERS shall use commercially reasonable efforts to substitute accommodations, meals and/or transfers of substantially similar quality.
- The Company reserves the right to change routes and camps on safaris as dictated by changing conditions. Such conditions may be brought about by seasonal rainfall on bush tracks, airfields and in game areas, by game migrations from one region to another, or airline or other booking problems, etc.
- TIPS AND TAXES
- All service charges and taxes imposed by hotels, lodges and tented camps, and entrance fees to all game reserves are included as indicated in the itinerary.
- Airport taxes are not included and will be billed prior to your departure.
- Tips to drivers/guides are not included and should be provided in your discretion. A tipping guideline will be forwarded with your final documents.
- COSTS NOT INCLUDED
- Cost of passport and visa fees, and service charges for obtaining visa fees.
- Baggage charges levied by airlines.
- All items not specifically covered in the itinerary, including, as noted above, tips to drivers/guides, as well as to other conveyance attendants.
- Items of a personal nature, gratuities other than those imposed by hotels and/or restaurants for included services.
- Optional personal, baggage and tour cancellation insurance policy.
- U.S. AND FOREIGN TAXES, INCLUDING THOSE IMPOSED BY THE AIRPORTS, VALUE ADDED TAXES (VAT), ETC.
[Please keep in mind that these taxes can increase the amount due significantly. As taxes vary widely by destination , please contact AMBOLIGHT TRAVELLERS directly for an estimate of the expected taxes associate with your particular itinerary],; and
- Cost for anything not specifically included in listing above.
(1) Please be aware that this safari may take you into close contact with wild animals
(2) Attacks by wild animals are rare, but AMBOLIGHT TRAVELLERS cannot guarantee you and/or a member or members of your traveling party will not be attacked.
(3) By taking this trip, you and the members of your traveling party are assuming the risk associated with viewing wild animals.
(4) AMBOLIGHT TRAVELLERS, its affiliates and/or any of their respective owners, employees, or agents (the “Released Parties”) shall not be responsible, or liable for, any injury or incident that may occur on the safari unless the direct result of the intentional act or gross negligence of a Released Party.
(5) Please note that not all camps are fenced.
PASSPORTS AND VISAS
(1) The onus is upon you and your Traveling Party to ensure that passports and visas are valid for the countries visited.
(2) The Released Parties shall not be responsible or liable for any visas not held by you or any member(s) of your Traveling Party, nor attendant costs resulting from the lack of a required visa.
(3) Please note that you and each member of your Traveling Party must have two (2) blank pages for visas for each country you will visit.
(1) By booking with AMBOLIGHT TRAVELLERS, you and each member of your Traveling Party assumes sole responsibility to ensure that you and they carry the correct comprehensive travel and medical insurance to cover yourself and themselves for the duration of their trip.
(2) This insurance should include coverage for, but not limited to, the following: emergency evacuation expenses and medical expenses.
(3) The Released Parties will take no responsibility for any costs or losses incurred or suffered by you or any member of your Traveling Party related to: (i) carrying the appropriate types and amounts of insurance, or (ii) cancellation or curtailment of the safari, repatriation expenses, damage/theft/loss of personal baggage, money and goods.
(4) You and/or members of your Traveling Party will be responsible for any emergency services required.